Sunday, September 25, 2011

8th Annual Korean Talent Show Festival

So last night I went to my school with a few of my friends.
We heard that there's this Korean talent show going on in our school mph last night so we decided to go check it out.
After all, it's totally free, and there are KOREAN GIRLS korean people everywhere.
So why not? ;)

Anyway, only when we arrived we got to know that this talent show is organised by the Korean Society from Ampang.
And this year it was held in our university.
When we were there, there were Koreans literally surrounding us from every direction.
Feels like we've come to a little Korean town.(but I'm able to blend in real fast XD)
The talent show was cool too.
There were around 20 performances! o_O And a lucky draw in the end.
Besides some awkward pauses between the mc and some of the performers, the overall event was smooth.
And the performances are really nice too, there were combination of korean and local students performing, from singing to dancing, rapping, saxophone to taekwondo performance.
Personally I really like the taekwondo performances, and the guy dancing sizzling hot girl bands' dances and the last wakakaku dance crew's hip hop dance.

So below are some photos I took during the performances.
They are not very clear as I'm sitting at the back and I can't get a clear shot on the stage too.
So just bear a little with me okay?
Just so at least you can know what's going on last night.
:)

****************************

before it starts.
the opening ceremony- drum performances, it was actually really nice too :)
the mc's of the night. elegant right? they're trying to wear contrast clothing. p/s: her hair(left is sooooooooooo long and straight and the long gown(right) is so beautiful)
a duet.
two cute dances by three 10-year-old girls :)
a very very cheerful dance
the two guys are rapping and the girl is the vocal. she's really pretty actually haha
saxophone performance
hot hot hot hot.. i really don't get it why are their legs soooooooooooooooooo long. woooh
the taekwondo wood-breaking performance
guess what are they doing? they're dancing to 'sorry sorry' by super junior! LOL
the girl was also a black belt, so cool! and the guy at the right is a bit like tae yang haha
three korean guys singing
a chinese girl singing and talking in korean too! o.O
A chinese crew dancing.
interview session
two malays(i think) dance performance
this crew is really cool. especially the guy with the golden hair, everyone was like 'wahhhhhhhhhhh his hair is so cool' (even cc said so LOL!)
the cool guy got interviewed lol
this korean girl sang 'rolling in the deep'! o.o
her voice wasn't bad too :)
hahahahaha this is the guy that I mentioned earlier, every song that he danced to are by korean girl bands. imagine him dancing hahaha everyone was so high! 
hot dance by a chinese girl crew.
wakakaku in action. heard that they even emerged as the champion in the 'so you think you can dance' malaysia version a few years back. so cool!
lucky draw time. prizes are from ramen to mosquito net(lol?), digital camera and even a freaking handphone! o_O
nahh in the end I didn't win anything too lol
the group photo at the end. i somehow sneaked into the photographer gang and just simply snapped some photo lol

****************************
 
p/s: on the other note, while I was on the way to my uni for the Korean Festival, at the entrance I was mistaken by the Korean ushers there for a Korean for not only once, but twice. They chatted with me in Korean asking me questions and stuffs until I said 'ermm.. I'm sorry' LOL

p/s 2: and I don't blame them at all! HAHAHA
  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1141986243
check out tis link...u look alike with tis character from one k-drama.. :) juz for fun..

theboyy said...

hahaha i think it's still okay gua? lol you wanna see someone really alike with me?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179008_10150183166977524_746727523_8798884_5716380_n.jpg

noskcaJ Jackson said...

Just don't get what's up with the Korean craze among you guys... =.=

Anonymous said...

whatever~the original u still the best! :)

Albert Yong said...

I agree with Jackson!!